Brett

Default problem inserting formulae into word

Hi,

I am writing a technical document that needs to refer to specific equations.
I have created a new caption that begins with "(" and then adds the heading
number and the caption number. I then close the caption with a ")". This
kinda works to give me equations like "(1-1)", "(1-2") etc. I then can
provide a cross-reference to these equations in my text easy enough.

The problem is that word places a space between the first "(" and the
heading number, resulting in text like: "( 1-2)" etc. If the equation
appears at the end of a line, the "(" can be on one line, while the rest of
the equation is on the next.

Does anyone have a better solution to this problem? I'm sure there must be a
nice way of handling equations like this?

Also, please let me know if I should re-direct my question to a different
group.

Thanks in advance,

Brett.

In a word: MathType. See www.dessci.com. MathType is the app of which
Equation Editor is a "lite" version, and my understanding is that it has a
feature to provide properly constructed caption labels that can be
cross-referenced in Word.