Caroline

Default lose cross references when save as web page

I have a fairly simple Word 2003 document that has three levels of headings
(using the default heading styles). I have set up cross-references in the
document to the section headings both in text and in a flow chart. I also
have a table of contents. This all works fine in Word, but I want to be able
to save the document as a web page and make it accessible through a MS Access
database. The document is a set of instructions for users of the database and
should open when they click on a 'help' button.
When I view it as a web page I have a couple of problems:
- the references contained within the diagram become field code and I don't
have the option to right click and toggle the field code. Also the users
wouldn't necessarily know that they would need to do this.
- the cross-references in both the flow chart and in text don't work as
hyperlinks like they do in Word. The main reason that I set it up with
cross-references is so that this would be available.
- however, my TOC links work fine.

I've tried saving as both html and mht and can't get it to work either way.

thanks in anticipation of your help
lostinspace

[...]

The mht format is not a functioning web page, rather a save-to-local format
for off-line viewing of web pages.

For you other link/html problems a URL to the malfunctioning page would be
the best possibility of resolution?

"HOWEVER", if you've created the html page in the standard Word/html format
with all the bloated html, than looking for a solution (short of dead links)
is a near impossibility.

Html pages do not require Word to edit the end-use content. It may be done
with any text editor.