Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Neno Bojic

Default Dynamic word document

I have a word document (rather consider it form) in tables. It is quite
comprehensive and it is rather difficult to quickly note what was filled
in.
What I am trying to accomplish is to hide parts that have not been filled
(not relevant) thus changing document in sense of its length (maybe changes
number of pages as well).
In other words, those areas (sometimes this is text, sometimes rows in
tables) which are not applicable I would like to hide (probably with before
print macro). However, I do not want to delete those areas. I prefer them to
be hidden and if needed, someone can, using a check box, reveal complete
document if needed.
Can some one point in the right direction so I don't pursue the wrong
approach?

P.S. is it possible to partially accomplish this with IF statements..?
(In the end I will have to make this in Word 97 :-( but all ideas utilizing
2003 are welcomed as well)

Regards,

Neno

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hello Neno

Neno Bojic wrote:
[...]

As long as everything you want to exclude is in table cells, I would use
a character style set to "hidden". You may then either toggle its hidden
character property via VBA, or switch visibility and/or "printability"
of hidden text alltogether.

When you have a normal paragraph, you'd have to use "white" font color
instead. But since this is a form, you might want to put this into a
borderless table cell with exact line height anyway.

Greetings
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
How to reformat a complete document. wanda Microsoft Word Help 16 February 11th 06 11:43 PM