Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Levi Levi is offline

Default Page Numbering and Index

I have a problem that popped up in my table of contents pages that happened
when I added an index. I have 3 pages that contain a table of contents,
table of figures, table of tables, and an index. I want them numbered as i,
ii, iii, etc. The rest of the document is numbered by chapter number (1-1,
1-2, 2-1, 2-2, etc....) and is tied to a heading 1 style. When I added the
index to my table of contents, the "Included chapter number" checkbox keeps
checking itself whenever I update the index. Does anyone know what the
problem is from?

Thanks!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You need a section break between the tables and the rest of the
document. Then you can have different options for page numbering. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...rontMatter.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP