Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
emad senejani emad senejani is offline

Default Windows installer

Every single time I try to open Microsoft word, excel, etc... the windows
installer box comes out. So, i have to wait for it to take a long load each
time i try to open it.

Please help.

If you cant answer my problem please tell me where i can post this thread.
Thanks.

Right now I am running both Microsoft office 2003 and Microsoft office 2007
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Poliwog Poliwog is offline

On Mar 17, 2:14 pm, emad senejani
wrote:
Every single time I try to open Microsoft word, excel, etc... the windows
installer box comes out. So, i have to wait for it to take a long load each
time i try to open it.

Please help.

If you cant answer my problem please tell me where i can post this thread.
Thanks.

Right now I am running both Microsoft office 2003 and Microsoft office 2007

Do you have Adobe Acrobat on your machine?

Les

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
emad senejani emad senejani is offline

If by adobe acrobat you mean adobe reader, than yes I do. The version is
Adobe Reader 8.0, but I have downloaded that few days a go and my problem has
been occurring since I downloaded Microsoft office 2007. And that was before
downloading Adobe.

wrote:
Every single time I try to open Microsoft word, excel, etc... the windows
installer box comes out. So, i have to wait for it to take a long load each
time i try to open it.

Please help.

If you cant answer my problem please tell me where i can post this thread.
Thanks.

Right now I am running both Microsoft office 2003 and Microsoft office 2007

Do you have Adobe Acrobat on your machine?

Les

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you have boith 2003 and 2007 on your PC, the problem may simply be
reconfiguration that takes place when registry entries are shared between
the two versions.

wrote:
Every single time I try to open Microsoft word, excel, etc... the
windows installer box comes out. So, i have to wait for it to take
a long load each time i try to open it.

Please help.

If you cant answer my problem please tell me where i can post
this thread. Thanks.

Right now I am running both Microsoft office 2003 and Microsoft
office 2007

Do you have Adobe Acrobat on your machine?

Les

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Poliwog Poliwog is offline

Check in your Event Viewer under 'Application'. There should be
Installer errors, warnings or info events there. Double-click and read
them to see if there is a useful message. Often there is--that is how
I discovered that Acrobat was causing this behavior on my machine.

I suspect Graham is correct here; I had some problems while I was
running 2007 and 2003. Solved it by uninstalling 2007. Damn thing
drove me crazy--couldn't find stuff anymore. I wish MS, and all SW
companies would fix problems instead of giving us new bloat we don't
need. I also wish there was a 'Word Lite' version ('Word Elements'?)
for writer folks like me who just need WP with styles, etc. No tables,
images...

On Mar 18, 11:55 am, "Graham Mayor" wrote:
Uninstall one of them?

My web sitewww.gmayor.com
Word MVP web sitehttp://word.mvps.org

emad senejani wrote:
ok.... do u by any chance have any suggestions on how i could fix
that???!?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
emad senejani emad senejani is offline

YOU'RE RIGHT. but, I need to use both since for school projects I must use
word 2003-since my school is very poor and can't afford office 2007;(you may
think "well why don't you save it as a 2003 document?" the answer to that is
{not everything gets converted successfully in to word 2003). I also need to
use office 2007 for resumes, and neet stuff!

emad senejani wrote:
ok.... do u by any chance have any suggestions on how i could fix
that???!?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

If you send a business a resume in 2007, you're liable to never hear from
them again. Most businesses are not going to have 2007 yet. I work for a
MAJOR multi-national company and we still use IE 6.

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

emad senejani wrote:
ok.... do u by any chance have any suggestions on how i could fix
that???!?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
emad senejani emad senejani is offline

wow, very slow. but anyways, has anyone found any solution to get rid of this
installer problem??!?? ;(

emad senejani wrote:
ok.... do u by any chance have any suggestions on how i could fix
that???!?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

I did read something recently on how to fix it but it's a registry fix and I
can't access the directions now.

Although you think that big business use the latest software, you'd be
wrong. they hold off because most businesses run a multitude of different
programs and it's not always easy maintaining the fragile coexistence of
these applications.

Do yourself a favor - stick to 2003 for now...at least until one of my
fellow MVPs can repeat those instructions to make Word 2003 and 2007 work
together.

--

emad senejani wrote:
ok.... do u by any chance have any suggestions on how i could fix
that???!?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
emad senejani emad senejani is offline

I don't want the 2007 be a waste at this moment, so if possible find out fix
it using the registry

emad senejani wrote:
ok.... do u by any chance have any suggestions on how i could fix
that???!?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Here's the information supplied by our contact at Microsoft:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Windows Installer is running because it is setting the
CurrentVersion information in the registry between the versions. It
is possible to set a registry key to block the Windows Installer
kicking in. You'll want to only do this after confirming that
double-clicking on a document file from the Windows Desktop opens in
the version Word that you would like to be the default version for
editing Word documents. It will still be possible to open the
document in either version of Microsoft Word via File|Open.

The registry modification is ...

Use the NoRereg key for whichever version you don't want to register.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\W ord\Options

Add a DWORD named NoRereg set to 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also read the following article for more information about using
multiple versions on the same partition:

Using 2007 Office suites and programs on a computer that is running
another version of Office
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=928091

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

emad senejani wrote:
ok.... do u by any chance have any suggestions on how i could fix
that???!?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Can you read the crash dump file? ;-)

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 16:48:31 -0400, "JoAnn Paules"
wrote:

Thank you Jay. (I crashed early last night and just got home from work)

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Look in Control Panel?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Anyme" wrote in message
news

Windows Installer Mike B New Users 1 October 30th 06 02:31 PM
Windows Installer Gone Wild! RDU Microsoft Word Help 0 October 12th 06 05:25 PM
Windows Installer Gone Wild! RDU Microsoft Word Help 0 October 12th 06 05:20 PM
windows installer jess Microsoft Word Help 0 January 5th 06 10:29 PM
Windows Installer and Word Michael Mauzey New Users 3 August 1st 05 03:43 PM