Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Need Help From Word Experts

I think you still don't understand. You don't create a new level 2 style
based on Heading 2 (or anything else). You use the built-in Heading 2 style
modified to suit your purposes. If you want Heading 2 to have 6 pts Space
Before and After, then modify it accordingly.

"jon_banquer" wrote in message
ups.com...
Robert M. Franz (RMF) wrote:
Hi jon

jon_banquer wrote:
How about downloading and looking at the document I posted ? When you
do you will see that I *did use* Words built in Headings !

Then I don't understand why are you asking about how to _name_ them?

What happens when you use Words built in Heading Styles but need say a
space of 6 before, or say 6 before and 6 after, or just 6 after, etc ?

Use the built-in styles, but change them to your liking.

A good and pretty comprehensive primer which answer many of your
questions can be found at:

Creating a Template (Part II, by John McGhie)
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart2.htm

If you follow that while creating your template and subsequent document,
you won't have problems with stray formatting anymore, either.

Perhaps you can download the document like I asked and try again with
some advise that I can put to good use ?

Perhaps I can, but not anymore today (and not on a productive machine,
sorry -- you've heard about macro-viruses ;-)).

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP

Use the built-in styles, but change them to your liking.

Please be more specific. How do I name Heading Styles and make Word
happy ?

Example:

How would I name a Heading 2 Style that has a space of 6 before and 6
after so that Word is happy and doesn't change the name? What do you
suggest I base this Heading 2 Style on and what should I use for the
following paragraph when the following paragraphs are different thru
out the document ?

Perhaps I can, but not anymore today (and not on a productive machine,
sorry -- you've heard about macro-viruses ;-)).

Is it my imagination or are Microsoft users very fearful of the
applications that Microsoft makes ?

I gotta tell you I'm not very impressed with MS Word so far for long
documents and desktop publishing.

Jon Banquer
Phoenix, Arizona