Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DP

Default I'm having trouble with the Ref field.

I have inserted an ask field, which is working correctly. I want the result
of that field to display in a header. I have inserted a Ref field in the
header but it won't display the result. Can anyone help me please?

Dawn
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?RFA=?=,

I have inserted an ask field, which is working correctly. I want the result
of that field to display in a header. I have inserted a Ref field in the
header but it won't display the result. Can anyone help me please?

It works here (Word 2003). But you do have to force the REF field in the header
to update, it won't do so automatically. If you click on the REF field in the
header and press F9 do you see the content of the ASK field's bookmark?

Fields in the header/footer will update if you switch into print preview, or
into any other view and then back to the Print Layout view. They should also
update when you print.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DP

Hi Cindy

At the time I asked the question I did not know this Newsgroup even existed.
I simply clicked on "Get help from other users" and was prompted to ask a
question.

Had I realised the group existed I would have researched my problem before
posting a question. I have since found the solution to my problem.

Dawn

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?RFA=?=,

I have inserted an ask field, which is working correctly. I want the result
of that field to display in a header. I have inserted a Ref field in the
header but it won't display the result. Can anyone help me please?

It works here (Word 2003). But you do have to force the REF field in the header
to update, it won't do so automatically. If you click on the REF field in the
header and press F9 do you see the content of the ASK field's bookmark?

Fields in the header/footer will update if you switch into print preview, or
into any other view and then back to the Print Layout view. They should also
update when you print.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DP

Cindy

I apologise for my last post. I only saw the sentence after your name about
not using email. I was a bit confused.

Thanks for your help. I have not solved my problem.

Dawn

"DP" wrote:

Hi Cindy

At the time I asked the question I did not know this Newsgroup even existed.
I simply clicked on "Get help from other users" and was prompted to ask a
question.

Had I realised the group existed I would have researched my problem before
posting a question. I have since found the solution to my problem.

Dawn

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?RFA=?=,

I have inserted an ask field, which is working correctly. I want the result
of that field to display in a header. I have inserted a Ref field in the
header but it won't display the result. Can anyone help me please?

It works here (Word 2003). But you do have to force the REF field in the header
to update, it won't do so automatically. If you click on the REF field in the
header and press F9 do you see the content of the ASK field's bookmark?

Fields in the header/footer will update if you switch into print preview, or
into any other view and then back to the Print Layout view. They should also
update when you print.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Dawn,

Thanks for your help. I have not solved my problem.

I'm confused. In one message you state you have not solved your problem, in the
other, that you have? Do you need more help?

At the time I asked the question I did not know this Newsgroup even existed.
I simply clicked on "Get help from other users" and was prompted to ask a
question.

Had I realised the group existed I would have researched my problem before
posting a question. I have since found the solution to my problem.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DP

Sorry Cindy

The second post was a typo. I have solved the problem.

Thanks once again

Dawn

Hi Dawn,