Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Brian

Default copy a number form page to page

We use a Quote No on the 1st page of our Word document. We would like this
number to repeat itself automatically on all following pages.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom

Put the number in the header or footer. For more ways to repeat data
in a Word document, see: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Brian" wrote in message
We use a Quote No on the 1st page of our Word document. We would
like this
number to repeat itself automatically on all following pages.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Brian

Thanks Stefan,

We want a method in the body of the text so that any person doing a quote
can enter a number WITHOUT having to go into header/footer all the time

If this number coupld be incrementally increased it would be perfect, i.e.
each time a quote is done the next quote number would be used

Thanks Brianf

"Brian" wrote in message
We use a Quote No on the 1st page of our Word document. We would
like this
number to repeat itself automatically on all following pages.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom

To create a number that automatically increments for each new quote,
you could use a numbered style to format your "quote paragraphs". For
example, hold the Shift key while clicking the Arrow next to the Style
box on the Formatting toolbar, and scroll down until you find the List
Number style. Click its name to apply it to the selected text. If you
want the "current" quote number in the header or footer, just insert a
STYLEREF field in either of these locations. (For information on how
to insert a STYLEREF field, see the first section of the article at
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm and/or Word Help.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Brian" wrote in message
We use a Quote No on the 1st page of our Word document. We would
like this
number to repeat itself automatically on all following pages.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

Look into the StyleRef field,
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm.
For numbering your quotations, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/NumberDocs.htm.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Brian" wrote in message
We use a Quote No on the 1st page of our Word document. We would
like this
number to repeat itself automatically on all following pages.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

Glad I could help.