Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
NLP

Default Page numbering

I would like to third page of my report to start at page 1 of 1 (i.e. I want
the amount of page numbers (second digit) to ignore the fact that there are 2
pages ahead of it, so that the final result is (say) page 29 of 29, rather
than page 29 of 32
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

The simplest (but most inflexible) way would be to create a section break
after page 2 and set up page numbering in the second section to start at 1,
and instead of using ..

{ PAGE } of { NUMPAGES }

... use instead ...

{ PAGE } of { ={ NUMPAGES } - 2 }

(all braces entered via Ctrl+F9)

But you may want it more flexible than that. Will there always be two pages
at the beginning you don't want included? Do you already have - or may have
in the future - multiple sections in the document? Do you have other footer
content (assuming the page number is / will be in the footer)? Do you have
different first page / odd / even footers in one or more sections? All these
things will affect exactly what you need to do to create the effect you
want, but all can be 'overcome' so please post back with details if the
above is not sufficient.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"NLP" wrote in message
I would like to third page of my report to start at page 1 of 1 (i.e. I

want
the amount of page numbers (second digit) to ignore the fact that there

are 2
pages ahead of it, so that the final result is (say) page 29 of 29, rather
than page 29 of 32

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Hi NLP,

In addition to Tony's reply:

Place a { SectionPages } field in the first section somehere where it
doesn't hurt - apply a white font color to make it invisible.
Place a bookmark, say SecPag, around this field.
Now use { = { NUMPAGES } - { SecPag } } instead of { = { NUMPAGES } - 2 }
and your first section may become as long as you like.

Success,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfying answer to your question and you're logged in via
the Microsoft site, please click Yes to "Did this post answer the question?".