Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter Grainger Peter Grainger is offline

Default Revision tracking -- reviewer colors

Are there any specific rules regarding the application of colors to reviewers?

Scenario.
I create a document today and during the course of editing I turn revision
tracking on. My editing is marked in Blue. If I open the document tomorrow
the color of my revisions has changed to Red.

This gets confusing when I send the document to another party for revision
and tell them to check the revisions in a specific color.

Is there any way to permanently fix the colors for specific reviewers?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 19:00:08 -0700, Peter Grainger
wrote:

Are there any specific rules regarding the application of colors to reviewers?

Scenario.
I create a document today and during the course of editing I turn revision
tracking on. My editing is marked in Blue. If I open the document tomorrow
the color of my revisions has changed to Red.

This gets confusing when I send the document to another party for revision
and tell them to check the revisions in a specific color.

Is there any way to permanently fix the colors for specific reviewers?

No, there is not. When you select "By Author", Word chooses the colors
and there is no permanent association of one color with one author. I
wish it were otherwise, but...

In Word 2003, you can click the Show button on the Reviewing toolbar,
select Reviewers, and check specific reviewers to show only their
changes. In Word 2007 this is in the Review ribbon, in the Tracking
group, under Show Markup Reviewers.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter Grainger Peter Grainger is offline

Thanks for your assistance.
I haven't checked 2007 yet, but is this situation still the same?

wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Yes, it's still the same. There have been a few enhancements in the
Track Changes options, but permanent author-color association isn't
one of them.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman