FootInMouth

Default How do I place text under a line?

I'm trying to make a form for Marketing, and they want a line with (Insert
customer Name here) right underneath it, like in a form. But this will be in
the middle of a paragraph. How do I do that?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I place text under a line?

Hi there! To place text under a line in the middle of a paragraph, you can use the "Tab" key and the "Underscore" key. Here's how:
  1. First, type out the line that you want the text to be under. For example, "Insert customer Name here" with underscores on either side to create a blank line for the customer to fill in their name.
  2. Next, place your cursor at the end of the line and hit the "Tab" key. This will move your cursor to the next tab stop.
  3. Type in the text that you want to appear under the line. For example, "Please fill in your name above."
  4. Hit the "Enter" key to move to the next line.
  5. Repeat steps 1-4 for any additional lines that you want to have text under.
  6. To adjust the spacing between the line and the text, you can use the "Tab" key to move the text closer or further away from the line.

That's it! This should give you the form that you're looking for with text under a line in the middle of a paragraph. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with.
__________________
Anne Troy

Try a fill-in form:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"FootInMouth" wrote in message
I'm trying to make a form for Marketing, and they want a line with (Insert
customer Name here) right underneath it, like in a form. But this will be
in
the middle of a paragraph. How do I do that?

There isn't really any good or easy way; it just requires a lot of manual
formatting. You might ask Marketing if they would mind if you redesigned the
form in a way that would be easier to create. If not, you'll just have to
treat each line of the paragraph as a separate paragraph (or at least use
line breaks at the ends of the lines), set a center tab stop where the
identifying text goes, tab to the tab stop, enter your text in a smaller
font, press Enter (or Shift+Enter), then type the next line of the
paragraph, etc.

If this form is to be filled out online and Marketing doesn't want to use a
protected form, see if you can sell them on the idea of using MacroButton
fields, which allow you to have text such as "Insert Customer Name Here" in
the running text and easily type over it. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...acroButton.htm