BIGEYE

Default Proble with MS Word 2003 Margins

When I start a new document, the cursor positions itself right at the top
edge of the page. My margins are set correctly top & bottom 2.54cm, page
size to letter.
This has just started happening, no problems before this.
Any suggestions on how to get the cursor to start where it should.
TIA

GM6TRS

"BIGEYE" wrote in message
When I start a new document, the cursor positions itself right at

the top
edge of the page. My margins are set correctly top & bottom 2.54cm,

page
size to letter.
This has just started happening, no problems before this.
Any suggestions on how to get the cursor to start where it should.
TIA

Could be you've accidentally clicked when the mouse pointer was just
above or below the page and got into "hide white space" mode. Another
click in the same place will restore to "show white space" mode.

jils

i had the same problem a while ago.
it drove me crazy crazy look

i fixed it thus:
Tools, options, view
print and web layout options
check "text boundaries"

this fixed the margin problem, and then i could go and uncheck that setting.

BIGEYE wrote:
When I start a new document, the cursor positions itself right at the top
edge of the page. My margins are set correctly top & bottom 2.54cm, page
size to letter.
This has just started happening, no problems before this.
Any suggestions on how to get the cursor to start where it should.
TIA

BIGEYE

"GM6TRS" wrote in message

"BIGEYE" wrote in message
When I start a new document, the cursor positions itself right at

the top
edge of the page. My margins are set correctly top & bottom 2.54cm,

page
size to letter.
This has just started happening, no problems before this.
Any suggestions on how to get the cursor to start where it should.
TIA

Could be you've accidentally clicked when the mouse pointer was just
above or below the page and got into "hide white space" mode. Another
click in the same place will restore to "show white space" mode.

That did it...
Thanks.

jils

good grief
i had this problem for weeks, and i asked in every word newsgroup i
could find, never got a fix!
but this is the answer, thank you so much!
i eventually fixed it with the "text boundaries" setting in options, but
your fix explains why it happened in the first place!
brilliant.
again, thanks from me!

GM6TRS wrote:

Could be you've accidentally clicked when the mouse pointer was just
above or below the page and got into "hide white space" mode. Another
click in the same place will restore to "show white space" mode.

GM6TRS

"BIGEYE" wrote in message
"GM6TRS" wrote in message

Could be you've accidentally clicked when the mouse pointer was

just
above or below the page and got into "hide white space" mode.

Another
click in the same place will restore to "show white space" mode.

That did it...
Thanks.

Cheers One of the many wonders of Word that rarely appears in
books or "help" files...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
LCinLA

Thanks so much! I've been stressing about this for weeks, also! Have tried
removing Word and re-installing and still the same thing. Whodathunk it was
so simple??? You rock!

In Word 2003 page set up, mirror margins, margins don't match up Mattajang Page Layout 2 October 4th 05 02:00 AM
Word 2003 Mailmerge problem - works in Word 2000 Rick Robinson Mailmerge 2 April 28th 05 10:16 AM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Comparing Documents in Word 2003 and Word 2002 - VERY Weird Proble Joshua Gray Microsoft Word Help 5 February 18th 05 09:09 PM