Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Blair

Default Keyboaed fault

A friend has a fault on his keyboard. If he wants @ he has to use " (shift
2). How can he correct this?
Blair

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

And the fault is? That is how most keyboards operate, at least US versions.

And this has what to do with page layout in the Word program?
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Blair" wrote in message
A friend has a fault on his keyboard. If he wants @ he has to use " (shift
2). How can he correct this?
Blair

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It sounds as if your friend is using a UK keyboard with a US keyboard
layout. He needs to change this in Control Panel | Regional Options or
Control Panel | Keyboard.

"Blair" wrote in message
A friend has a fault on his keyboard. If he wants @ he has to use " (shift
2). How can he correct this?
Blair

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tony Jollans

He has his keyboard set up as US instead of UK. Alt+Left Shift will probably
switch back to UK keyboard. If not, ...

Control Panel Regional and Language Options Languages tab
Click on Details and configure as wanted

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Blair" wrote in message
A friend has a fault on his keyboard. If he wants @ he has to use " (shift
2). How can he correct this?
Blair

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Blair

"Blair" wrote in message
A friend has a fault on his keyboard. If he wants @ he has to use " (shift
2). How can he correct this?
Blair

Thanks to all who replied- much obliged
Blair

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Blair

"Blair" wrote in message

"Blair" wrote in message
A friend has a fault on his keyboard. If he wants @ he has to use "

(shift
2). How can he correct this?
Blair

Thanks to all who replied- much obliged
Blair

When I checked my friends PC it was correctly set for English but still the
fault is there
Any ideas?
Blair

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

The regional settings may be correctly set at UK English, but the keyboard
layout isn't set for the keyboard pattern in use. Under Regional & Language
Options languages details and check the keyboard mapping is set for UK
English (or whatever layout the user really has).