Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
redsgirl redsgirl is offline

Default How do I stop word from shutting down when the last doc is closed

Is there a way to keep Word open after the last open document is closed? I
have to keep going to the desktop and re-opening the program.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dlou dlou is offline

There are two "x's" in the upper right corner of your window. Close the lower
one (actual document) and Word will stay open

"redsgirl" wrote:

Is there a way to keep Word open after the last open document is closed? I
have to keep going to the desktop and re-opening the program.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
redsgirl redsgirl is offline

Thanks for your quick response but my problem is when I click the close icon
on my toolbar when I'm finished with my final open document and go to another
program, when I want to come back and work in Word, I have to open the
program again. I'm not clicking either of the x's.

"redsgirl" wrote:

Is there a way to keep Word open after the last open document is closed? I
have to keep going to the desktop and re-opening the program.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John John is offline

The same thing happens to me with Windows 2003, but I use Ctrl+F4 to close a
document (I am a keyboard person.). I have posted a similar question two
times, and have not received a solution yet. It is SO frustrating and a
time-waster!