spats

Default How do I remove the blank line on pressing the return key in word.

I am filling in a form created by someone else. When I press the return key
in their tables it created a blank line which I do not want. How do I remove
this as artifically putting in spaces does not work either?

Allabout

Try pressing Shift+Enter instead, if the document is using HTML formatting
pressing enter does the equivalent of the p tag in HTML whereas pressing
Shift+Enter puts in a line break, br in HTML.

Andrea Jones
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
What are you attempting to accomplish by pressing Enter? If the form is

made
with form fields, you get to the next one with Tab.

so
all may benefit.

"spats" wrote in message
I am filling in a form created by someone else. When I press the return

key
in their tables it created a blank line which I do not want. How do I

remove
this as artifically putting in spaces does not work either?

Stefan Blom

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do, but it seems as if you
are trying to add spacing to the text enter in the form fields. The
question is: What type of spacing do you want? If you want spacing to
the left or to the right of the text, consider adding indents to the
paragraph (style). If you want spacing above or below text, increase
the height of cells (you can specify a fixed row height in TableTable
Properties). Since the form was created by someone else, you may want
to ask the creator for these changes.

--
Stefan Blom

"spats" wrote in message
I am filling in a form created by someone else. When I press the

return key
in their tables it created a blank line which I do not want. How do

I remove
this as artifically putting in spaces does not work either?

Stefan Blom

The first sentence of my reply should read as follows:

I'm not quite sure what you are trying to do, but it seems as if you
are trying to add spacing to the text that you enter in the form
fields.

--
Stefan Blom