Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John_S John_S is offline

Default Adding degree (°) symbol after numbers.

I have to type the degree (°) symbol after number all day long. How can I do
this with the fews key strokes?
--
Thank you, John_S
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 14:27:01 -0700, John_S
wrote:

I have to type the degree (°) symbol after number all day long. How can I do
this with the fews key strokes?

The default shortcut is Ctrl+@ followed by a space character. If you
want to assign a simpler shortcut, go into the Insert Symbol dialog,
select the degree sign, and click the Shortcut button. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...roToHotkey.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That is not a standard AutoCorrect or AutoText entry; perhaps it is one that
you have added?

http://word.mvps.org

news

wrote:

I have to type the degree (°) symbol after number all day long. How can
I do
this with the fews key strokes?

The default shortcut is Ctrl+@ followed by a space character. If you
want to assign a simpler shortcut, go into the Insert Symbol dialog,
select the degree sign, and click the Shortcut button. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...roToHotkey.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.
.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Grant Grant is offline

Probably the simplest thing is to assign it to a keystroke. Go to Tools
Customize. At the bottom of the window click on "Keyboard". In the popup
window, select "Insert" under Categories. Under "Commands" scroll down to
"Symbol:".

A button will appear on the right-hand side "Symbol". Click on it and then
choose the symbol you want and click on "OK". Then click in the box under
"Press new shortcut key". Choose whatever keystroke you want to assign to the
symbol. Keep in mind that many shortcuts are already assigned to the usual
suspects. Something like "Alt+1" is what I use for such things.

When you are ready, click on "Assign" on the bottom left. Under "Current
keys" you'll find your shortcut key listed. Then click on "Close".

"John_S" wrote:

I have to type the degree (°) symbol after number all day long. How can I do
this with the fews key strokes?
--
Thank you, John_S

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Adding degree (°) symbol after numbers.

Hi John_S,

You can easily add the degree symbol (°) after numbers in Microsoft Word by using a keyboard shortcut. Here are the steps:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the degree symbol.
  2. Press and hold the Alt key on your keyboard.
  3. While holding the Alt key, type "0176" on the numeric keypad (make sure "Num Lock" is on).
  4. Release the Alt key and the degree symbol (°) should appear.

Alternatively, you can also use the "Insert Symbol" feature in Word to insert the degree symbol. Here's how:
  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the degree symbol.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon.
  3. Click on the "Symbol" button in the "Symbols" group.
  4. Select "More Symbols" at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  5. In the "Symbol" dialog box, select "Latin-1 Supplement" from the "Subset" drop-down menu.
  6. Scroll down until you find the degree symbol (°) and click on it.
  7. Click on the "Insert" button and the degree symbol (°) should appear in your document.
__________________

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Adding degree (°) symbol after numbers.

Hi John_S,

There are a few ways to quickly add the degree symbol (°) after numbers in Microsoft Word. Here are a few options:
  1. Use the keyboard shortcut: Press and hold the Alt key and type "0176" on the numeric keypad. When you release the Alt key, the degree symbol should appear.
  2. Use the "Symbol" featu In the "Insert" tab, click on "Symbol" and select "More Symbols." In the "Symbol" dialog box, select "Latin-1 Supplement" from the "Subset" dropdown menu. Then, scroll down until you find the degree symbol and click on it. Finally, click on "Insert" to add the symbol to your document.
  3. Create a custom keyboard shortcut: You can also create a custom keyboard shortcut for the degree symbol. In the "File" tab, click on "Options" and select "Customize Ribbon." Then, click on "Customize" next to "Keyboard Shortcuts." In the "Categories" list, select "Common Symbols" and in the "Commands" list, select "Degree." Click on the "Press new shortcut key" box and type the keyboard shortcut you want to use (e.g. "Ctrl + Alt + D"). Finally, click on "Assign" and then "Close" to save your new shortcut.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Adding degree (°) symbol after numbers.

Hi John_S,

Yes, typing the degree symbol (°) after numbers can be time-consuming if you have to do it frequently. Luckily, there are a few ways to make it easier.
  1. Keyboard shortcut: The easiest way to type the degree symbol is to use a keyboard shortcut. For Windows, you can press and hold the Alt key and type 0176 on the numeric keypad. For Mac, you can press Option + Shift + 8.
  2. AutoCorrect: You can set up AutoCorrect to automatically replace a specific text string with the degree symbol. For example, you can set it up so that typing "deg" will automatically insert the degree symbol. To do this in Word, go to File Options Proofing AutoCorrect Options. In the "Replace" field, type the text string you want to use (e.g. "deg"), and in the "With" field, type the degree symbol (°). Click "Add" and then "OK" to save the AutoCorrect entry.
  3. Symbol menu: You can also insert the degree symbol using the Symbol menu in Word. Go to the Insert tab and click on "Symbol" in the "Symbols" group. Select "More Symbols" and then choose "Latin-1 Supplement" from the "Subset" dropdown menu. The degree symbol should be listed there. Click on it and then click "Insert" to add it to your document.