CT

Default Setting default view for WORD

I always want Print Layout to be my default view. The help files state that:

You can't set a default for all documents that you view in Word, because
the
view setting is stored with each individual document as a document
property.
You can save your document in the view with which you want it to open.
Documents that you receive from others will open with the view in which
they
were previously saved.

I don't like this feature. I think you should offer a option to make
whatever view
the uses wants be the default.

Thanks

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Anne Troy

Hi, CT. Unfortunately, it won't work when you first open Word.
http://www.vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=65

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"CT" wrote in message
[...]

Graham Mayor

A pair of auto macros will force your preference. The following also include
corrections for a couple of other minor irritations. You can remove the
extra lines if preferred - the only bits required for the job in hand are as
follows. Set the zoom to your preference - here 100%

With ActiveWindow.View
.Type = wdPrintView
.Zoom.Percentage = 100
End With

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

Sub AutoNew()
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.DisplayRulers = True
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.ShowAll = False
ActiveWindow.DisplayHorizontalScrollBar = True
ActiveWindow.DisplayVerticalScrollBar = True
With ActiveWindow.View
.Type = wdPrintView
.Zoom.Percentage = 100
End With
CommandBars("Reviewing").Visible = False
CommandBars("Drawing").Visible = False
CommandBars("Forms").Visible = False
End Sub

Sub AutoOpen()
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveDocument.FullName

CT wrote:
I always want Print Layout to be my default view. The help files
state that:

You can't set a default for all documents that you view in Word,
because the
view setting is stored with each individual document as a document
property.
You can save your document in the view with which you want it to
open. Documents that you receive from others will open with the
view in which they
were previously saved.

I don't like this feature. I think you should offer a option to make
whatever view
the uses wants be the default.

Thanks

----------------
suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.Microsoft.com/office/comm...ocmanagemen t

Reading Layout View Problematic as Default Word Attachment View D. Turnipseed Page Layout 4 January 5th 06 03:06 PM
How do I see my top margin setting in Word's "normal" view? joepd Microsoft Word Help 4 February 20th 05 08:50 PM
default view setting jimk Page Layout 1 February 8th 05 11:04 PM
Default font - possible bulletproof fix in Word 2003 [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 0 January 14th 05 10:14 PM
change view track changes default setting Clarke Microsoft Word Help 1 December 9th 04 09:32 PM