Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ramram49 ramram49 is offline

Default Word 2007 Language Auto detection

We use Word and Outlook to edit English and French.

Previously, we used Word 2003. If we select "detect langauge
automatically", Word would detect the language (English or French) and
invoke the respective spelling.

However, in Word 2007 + Vista, we have to add "French" in the "Text
Services and Input Languages". When we edit in French, we need to
change the keyboard language to French in Vista explicitly if we want
Word check spelling in French.

Is it "semi-auto detection" cannot be fully-automate (just like Word
2003)?

Thanks

--
ramram49
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

"Detect language automatically" is still available in Word 2007: On the
Review tab of the ribbon, click Set Language (in the Proofing group).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"ramram49" wrote in message ...

We use Word and Outlook to edit English and French.

Previously, we used Word 2003. If we select "detect langauge
automatically", Word would detect the language (English or French) and
invoke the respective spelling.

However, in Word 2007 + Vista, we have to add "French" in the "Text
Services and Input Languages". When we edit in French, we need to
change the keyboard language to French in Vista explicitly if we want
Word check spelling in French.

Is it "semi-auto detection" cannot be fully-automate (just like Word
2003)?

Thanks

--
ramram49

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dareno Dareno is offline

Automatic language detection does not work on a single-word basis but on a
sentence basis. Depending on the length of your sentences, you might need to
type several sentences before Word has enough contextual information to
automatically detect the language and apply the correct dictionary.

For more information about the Auto Detection feature, see:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...448231033.aspx

Dareno
Writer, Microsoft Office Online

"ramram49" wrote in message ...

We use Word and Outlook to edit English and French.

Previously, we used Word 2003. If we select "detect langauge
automatically", Word would detect the language (English or French) and
invoke the respective spelling.

However, in Word 2007 + Vista, we have to add "French" in the "Text
Services and Input Languages". When we edit in French, we need to
change the keyboard language to French in Vista explicitly if we want
Word check spelling in French.

Is it "semi-auto detection" cannot be fully-automate (just like Word
2003)?

Thanks

--
ramram49

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See also this article:

Get control of language formatting in Word
http://homepage.hispeed.ch/cindymeister/LangFmt.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP