Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ferfer72 ferfer72 is offline

Default Can't delete files

I cannot delete files in Microsoft Word! I right-click on the file and
select "delete". It asks to send to the Recycle Bin, and I say "yes". Then,
the file PLUS a copy of the file are then put right back into the folder! I
tried to delete 32 files. They are now 562. How do I get rid of them
completely?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Don't do it from Word, use Windows Explorer.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"ferfer72" wrote in message
I cannot delete files in Microsoft Word! I right-click on the file and
select "delete". It asks to send to the Recycle Bin, and I say "yes".
Then,
the file PLUS a copy of the file are then put right back into the folder!
tried to delete 32 files. They are now 562. How do I get rid of them
completely?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Microsoft Microsoft is offline

Don't do it from Word, use Windows Explorer.

And then update and run a full battery of AV and malware scanners.