Taterthedog

Default CG Omega font and HP laserjet printers

I have recently upgraded to Office 2003 Professional on a W2K machine. When
trying to print the font CG Omega to HP LaserJet 1100 or 1200 the font does
not appear as it should. The appearance is fine when printed to other HP
printers (5si, 4300, etc). The drivers for the 1100 and 1200 are both
current, I have removed and installed the font. Does anyone have any other
ideas, thanks.

Most LaserJets that have resident fonts will use them unless you
specifically tell them to use the TT fonts. The TT fonts are installed for
display purposes only, and in some cases the resident fonts are strikingly
different from the TT fonts (Garamond Antiqua is a notable example). To
force the printer to use the TT fonts, you must explicitly set this in the
printer Properties. There will be a setting for "Download TrueType fonts as
soft fonts" or "Send TrueType as bitmaps" or the like. Sometimes you have to
explore the Properties very exhaustively to find this setting.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are all the printers using the resident fonts, or are some using

downloaded
TT fonts?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Taterthedog" wrote in message
I have recently upgraded to Office 2003 Professional on a W2K machine.

When
trying to print the font CG Omega to HP LaserJet 1100 or 1200 the font

does
not appear as it should. The appearance is fine when printed to other

HP
printers (5si, 4300, etc). The drivers for the 1100 and 1200 are both
current, I have removed and installed the font. Does anyone have any

other
ideas, thanks.

Taterthedog

For the PS driver the settings now read True Type Font: Download as Soft Font
and True Type Font Download Option: Bitmap. Unfortunately this did not help
either. I appreciate you taking the time to try and help.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are all the printers using the resident fonts, or are some using

downloaded
TT fonts?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Taterthedog" wrote in message
I have recently upgraded to Office 2003 Professional on a W2K machine.
When
trying to print the font CG Omega to HP LaserJet 1100 or 1200 the font
does
not appear as it should. The appearance is fine when printed to other

HP
printers (5si, 4300, etc). The drivers for the 1100 and 1200 are both
current, I have removed and installed the font. Does anyone have any
other
ideas, thanks.

Ah, if you're using the PostScript driver instead of the PCL driver, this
adds another layer of complexity, as they are even more stubborn about using
the PS versions instead of the TT. Sorry.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are all the printers using the resident fonts, or are some using

downloaded
TT fonts?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Taterthedog" wrote in

message
I have recently upgraded to Office 2003 Professional on a W2K

machine.
When
trying to print the font CG Omega to HP LaserJet 1100 or 1200 the

font
does
not appear as it should. The appearance is fine when printed to

other
HP
printers (5si, 4300, etc). The drivers for the 1100 and 1200 are

both
current, I have removed and installed the font. Does anyone have

any
other
ideas, thanks.

Taterthedog

Thanks for the ideas.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Font Types - 2003 SJH Microsoft Word Help 8 January 13th 05 12:11 PM
Default font on envelope address Marcia Microsoft Word Help 1 January 5th 05 11:13 PM
Default Font Lloyd Microsoft Word Help 3 December 21st 04 03:42 PM
Font Problem in Outlook with Word as E-mail Editor Linny Microsoft Word Help 0 December 13th 04 03:21 PM
I cannot get font size 6 in Word 2003? JohnCR Microsoft Word Help 1 December 9th 04 11:12 AM