Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
spiderjohn spiderjohn is offline

Default Copy & paste formatting changes in forms protected document

We use several Word templates that utilize fields protected for forms
fill-in. All of these templates were created in Word 2000 though many of them
now run on Word 2002 machines. If we copy text (usually numbered or bulleted
text) from a filled-in field on an existing document and paste into a field
on a new document on a computer running Word 2002, the last item of text will
appear bolded on the new document. There is nothing calling for bolded text
on either the source or the destination document. We use large text fields
(limited, and sometimes up to 15,000 characters) that appear within table
cells. "Paste Special" is not an available option because these fields are
protected. This problem does not seem to occur on our Windows 2000 machines
(at least no one has complained to me yet).