Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kie1970 Kie1970 is offline

Default Aligning items in more than 1 column

If I have multiple columns in a docx, and I want graphics in those columns
aligned right....how do I do it. Using the align right button puts the
graphic in the last column on the right. I merely want to align it to the
right margin of the first column.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hi Kiel,

If you're in Word 2007, when you select the picture and go to the

Picture Tools=Format

ribbon are you using

Arrange=Position

when you see this behavior? If so, the default behavior for that command is to position graphics relative to the page when you
select any of the 'With Text Wrapping' choices. If you use the 'inline with text choice then the graphic alignment is that of text
within the column.

If you set text wrapping to something other than 'in line with text' then from either the 'text wrapping' or 'Position' dialog you
can use the
'More Layout Options'=Picture Position
choice and choose the 'alignment' choice to position the graphic relative to the column than rather than relative to the page,
although the vertical alignment may be relative to margin or page.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Aligning deciamals tamee Mailmerge 1 March 19th 07 03:52 PM
Aligning deciamals tamee Mailmerge 0 March 19th 07 03:16 PM
getting started ofice online open column remove items how??? ping veteran Microsoft Word Help 1 December 12th 06 09:37 PM
Aligning Lables riclyn Microsoft Word Help 1 November 9th 06 12:51 PM
aligning decimal? Margreta Microsoft Word Help 1 November 26th 04 11:39 AM