Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Still not sure bout '07 Still not sure bout '07 is offline

Default I am trying to insert a autoformat file path can't find in 2007

I have always had the option in my footer to automatically insert the file
path name. When I use the document as a template I could then right-click
and update the path to update to the new file location. I can't find this in
Word 2007. Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Aeneas Aeneas is offline

As an alternative approach:
Double-click in the footer pane to display the Header & Footer Tools Design
contextual tab
In the Insert group, click Quick Parts and then click Field to display the
Field dialog box
In the Field names box, click FileName
Check the Add path to file name check box (you can also set the
capitalization options)
Click OK

"Still not sure bout '07" wrote:

I have always had the option in my footer to automatically insert the file
path name. When I use the document as a template I could then right-click
and update the path to update to the new file location. I can't find this in
Word 2007. Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Katie Katie is offline

Default I am trying to insert a autoformat file path can't find in 200

Thanks so much, I've been struggling with this issue, more work but at least
something works...I'm not real sure about this version, it is certainly not
as user friendly.

"Still not sure bout '07" wrote:

I have always had the option in my footer to automatically insert the file
path name. When I use the document as a template I could then right-click
and update the path to update to the new file location. I can't find this in
Word 2007. Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
K.I.S.S. K.I.S.S. is offline

I agree. I tried to follow everyone's directions and can't get the file name
and path to appear in the footer. I don't like 2007 very much. Even if I
like change...sometimes you get people that have no concept of how to put
things in A-B-C form.

"Still not sure bout '07" wrote:

I have always had the option in my footer to automatically insert the file
path name. When I use the document as a template I could then right-click
and update the path to update to the new file location. I can't find this in
Word 2007. Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/te...002951033.aspx for a
template that provides a "Filename and path" building block.

http://word.mvps.org