Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Donna Donna is offline

Default multiple chapters in single word file?

I've been trying to setup a Word document with outline numbering for
headings 1-9. I followed Shauna's web site info for setting up the styles
(http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html) and
everything works great until I have to reset the heading styles for the next
chapter. It throws all of the heading styles out of whack in the entire
document.

So far I have 3 chapters and 1 appendix in the same Word file. Is this the
correct way to handle multiple chapters or should they be in separate Word
files? Or is there a way to reset heading styles for different chapters
without resetting the entire file? I'm trying to get outline numbering to
produce chapter 1 numbering as 1, 1.1, 1.2, 1.2.1, etc., chapter 2 as 2,
2.1, 2.2. 2.2.1 etc and the appendx as A.1, A.2, etc.

Thank you for your help,
Donna