bc

Default Cut and Paste

A teacher is using Microsoft Word 2000 to create her Math tests. She does a
lot of cutting and pasting from an old document to a new document. After so
many cut/paste, Word ends up crashing, unable to save document she just
created. Is there anything we could do besides purging the clipboard every
so often?
Jezebel

A lot of cutting and pasting, in itself, won't cause Word to crash. Purging
the clipboard won't help. No way to say what actually caused it, but the
obvious culprit is the last thing copied or pasted ... was it a graphic? a
formula? a solution to the Riemann hypothesis? If you can pinpoint the
object that caused the crash, work around it.

The important thing is to save the target document regularly.