Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
kram_nella [email protected]

Default Word 2007 Sucks people like myself wont know how to use

I just installed Microsoft Office pro 2007 and I have to tell you Word 2007
really sucks don't get me wrong I like what they have done with the new lay
out but take someone like myself who after so many yrs is used to things
being as they always have been and now all of a sudden you have to start all
over again and learn things all over again frankly it just isn't fair not not
when your 47 anyway frankly I like the old layout and what about File, Edit,
View and Help those are just not there

what needs to be done is keep what you already have but give people the
option of the new 2007 interface or the old classic 2003 interface by the way
what have you done with Office Online I really use that a lot now I cant find
it I am used to having it right there in word right beside the document
window hope you haven't done away with it I like using that if I need to make
something like an invoice all I had to do was type in the word invoice and
it would search online and give me a list of layout of diffrent invoices I
could use

Anyway I like what you have done with word but a few changes are needed to
make it even better

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ord.pagelayout
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman

While you're entitled to your opinion, you don't help your case at all by
writing "stream of consciousness" without punctuation.

Microsoft has been asked repeatedly whether there will be a way to switch
between the new and old user interfaces. The answer has always been no. It
appears that your choices are (a) use Office 2007 and get used to the new
interface, (b) don't upgrade, and hang onto the current version until it
dies of old age, or (c) move to a competing product.

The contents of the old File menu are mostly on the menu you get when you
click the big round icon in the upper left. The contents of the other old
menus are on the ribbon, in areas associated with the objects they apply to.
You can get a document from Office Online that lists all the commands in
Word 2003 and tells where they are in Word 2007.

Office Online is very much alive and being expanded for Office 2007. Go into
the options dialog and click the bottom-most tab, and make sure you have the
online access turned on.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

kram_nella wrote:
[...]

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ord.pagelayout

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Russ M.

A lot of things aren't fair when you're 47

My father's favorite joke was:

A little old man was walking down the street one day and saw a little boy
sitting on the curb crying.

The man said "Little boy, why are you crying?"

The little boy between sobs got out " I..I.. just can't do...the things...
the big boys do..."

And with that the little old man sat down and cried too.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Well I'm 62 and have been using Word since Version 1.0 for DOS. I'm now on
my second day with Office 2007 and sure it will take a few days to find my
way around, but so far I have found everything that I need, gradually adding
things to the Quick Access Toolbar.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"kram_nella " kram_nella
wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
kram_nella [email protected]

Ok I found Word Options but I can't find where to turn on Office Online tell
me where it is under Word Options the other thing is in any microsoft Product
under help you used to be able to find answer to questions like this just by
typeing what you where looking for in under index now I can't even find that

If Microsoft wants me to use there new products they better find a better
way to make it easyer for people like myself to find what I am looking for or
people just wont buy there software

I am starting to wonder if I am going to have this many problems when
Windows Vista released

"kram_nella " wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman

In the Word Options dialog, click the Resources tab. Click the
Register button (second to last one) to go to the Office 2007 version
of Office Online. Because this is a beta and not the finished product,
you don't need to register -- in fact, I think registration is always
optional.

You can get there from Help, too. Press F1 or click the little blue
question mark button in the upper right corner. Again, because this is
a beta, the help content isn't finished, but there's a huge link in
the middle of the first page that says "Tour the all new Office
Online". It's practically an engraved invitation.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman