Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
uTILLIty uTILLIty is offline

Default tracking changes

Updating an internal manual causes some acceptance-issues, if you
cannot tell the target people exactly what changed, as they are not
going to read the whole thing over. Since I create a PDF from the
word-doc, I cannot really send-out the all too complex
Changes-Tracking-Version of the document, with all the tiny changes
which were made. Instead I made a table of changes which lists out the
changed made on a particular day (grouped by changed, added, removed
chaptors).

does anyone know of a way of doing this?

regards, Tilli

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Tilli

You can accept individual tracked changes. So, you could accept minor
changes and formatting changes while leaving substantive changes in place.
And then print the PDF showing the (remaining) changes. To accept an
individual change, click on the text that's changed and click the Accept
Change button on the Reviewing toolbar.

And, you can print a list of markup ("markup" meaning changes and comments).
To do that, do File Print, and in the Print What box, choose List of
Markup. If the format of that list is not to your taste (and that's likely),
then print to the Generic / Text only printer, and choose to print to file.
You can then open the file and edit it.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"uTILLIty" wrote in message
ups.com...
Updating an internal manual causes some acceptance-issues, if you
cannot tell the target people exactly what changed, as they are not
going to read the whole thing over. Since I create a PDF from the
word-doc, I cannot really send-out the all too complex
Changes-Tracking-Version of the document, with all the tiny changes
which were made. Instead I made a table of changes which lists out the
changed made on a particular day (grouped by changed, added, removed
chaptors).

does anyone know of a way of doing this?

regards, Tilli

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
uTILLIty uTILLIty is offline

Hi there!

thanks alot for your input! I will try that!

regards, Tilli