Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mensa Level[_2_] Mensa Level[_2_] is offline

Default Email Merge - Number Format vs Text

It seems to me that in previous versions of office - if I pasted special
values into my Excel merge data base it would flow through to the email merge
- now I have to tediously type in $ and commas in text formatting in order to
get the numbers to flow through properly. Otherwise it would just be
155553823.35
Does anyone know a better way?? I still want the commas represented in the
emails. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It sounds as if you've probably upgraded from Word 97 or 2000.

In Word 2007 you need to switch back to the DDE connection method - check
Microsoft
Office Button|Word Options|Advanced|General|"Confirm File format conversion
upon open" then go through the process of opening your data source again.

If you have non-ANSI Unicode characters in your data, DDE won't return them.
Also, no method currently lets you use more than 255 columns in an Excel
sheet, and with DDE the number may be more restricted in Word 2007.

Peter Jamieson

Merge Number format Aimee_55 Mailmerge 2 February 9th 07 06:27 AM
Email Merge but lost of format Lamb Chop New Users 2 October 22nd 06 12:24 PM
How do I email and HTML format mail merge? aholderread Mailmerge 3 July 13th 06 09:22 AM
EMail Merge HTML Format jliz2803 Mailmerge 1 September 20th 05 05:12 AM
Email format in Mail Merge Tonyb13 Mailmerge 1 August 22nd 05 04:13 AM