Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
MelissaD

Default Go back or at least offer the old way to manage databases/mailing

Egad the Office 2003 version of Word makes it harder than it used to be to
manipulate databases! I don't understand why you would take away the ability
to do it the old way and ONLY provide the interface. The interface might be
great for people who don't know their way around a database, but you have
reduced the functionality of this tool for me. I hope in future updates you
will give us the old way back as an option.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

It's still there. From the Tools menu, select Customize and on the Commands
tab, select the All Commands category and scroll down through the list of
commands until you come to the Mail Merge Helper item and then click and
drag that onto the toolbar.

Alternatively, from the View menu, select Toolbars and check the Mail Merge
item. The Mail Merge toolbar has all of the buttons on it that you will
need for performing mail merges.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"MelissaD" wrote in message
Egad the Office 2003 version of Word makes it harder than it used to be to
manipulate databases! I don't understand why you would take away the
ability
to do it the old way and ONLY provide the interface. The interface might
be
great for people who don't know their way around a database, but you have
reduced the functionality of this tool for me. I hope in future updates
you
will give us the old way back as an option.

----------------
this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm

MelissaD wrote:
Egad the Office 2003 version of Word makes it harder than it used to
be to manipulate databases! I don't understand why you would take
away the ability to do it the old way and ONLY provide the interface.
The interface might be great for people who don't know their way
around a database, but you have reduced the functionality of this
tool for me. I hope in future updates you will give us the old way
back as an option.

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click
the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the
button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft
Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...merge.fi elds