Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Meenu

Default dialogue box pops up whenever i open a document with embedded obje

Hi,
I have some documents in word 2003 which have embedded objects (these
embedded objects are some word mailmerge documents). Whenever I open any of
these documents, I get a dialogue box which says "this document contains
links to other files. do you want to update this document with data from
other files?".
Is there any way to prevent this dialogue box from appearing?
I mean obviously I want the data to be updated automatically, otherwise why
would I use embedded objects.
Thanks and regards,
Meenu.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

That's a fairly unusual application.

You can turn it off by going to ToolsOptionsGeneral and uncheck the box to
"Automatically update links on open". Though maybe, you have that box
unchecked and if you check it, the update will take place without you being
prompted for it.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Meenu" wrote in message
Hi,
I have some documents in word 2003 which have embedded objects (these
embedded objects are some word mailmerge documents). Whenever I open any
of
these documents, I get a dialogue box which says "this document contains
links to other files. do you want to update this document with data from
other files?".
Is there any way to prevent this dialogue box from appearing?
I mean obviously I want the data to be updated automatically, otherwise
why
would I use embedded objects.
Thanks and regards,
Meenu.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Meenu

Default dialogue box pops up whenever i open a document with embedded

Well, the "automatically update links on open" box is checked already. Thats
when the dialog box appears, and when I answer "yes", the file is opened and
I can see the updated data.
If I uncheck the box, the dialog box does not appear, but then the data is
not updated, which is not what I want.
So it seems that if I want the update to happen automatically, I will always
have this dialog box coming up, which is really wierd.
Help please!
Meenu.

"Meenu" wrote in message
Hi,
I have some documents in word 2003 which have embedded objects (these
embedded objects are some word mailmerge documents). Whenever I open any
of
these documents, I get a dialogue box which says "this document contains
links to other files. do you want to update this document with data from
other files?".
Is there any way to prevent this dialogue box from appearing?
I mean obviously I want the data to be updated automatically, otherwise
why
would I use embedded objects.
Thanks and regards,
Meenu.

Suppressing the Open Link box to a mail merged document [email protected] Mailmerge 1 April 13th 06 07:49 AM
Is there any add-on for Open Document Text file ? Jason New Users 2 October 29th 05 09:39 PM
Error When printing from the Open Document Dialogue box. Andy McDonald Microsoft Word Help 0 May 11th 05 11:10 AM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
I can't open the embedded excel sheet in one of my word document . Prashant Microsoft Word Help 0 December 2nd 04 11:15 PM