Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
eb1mom eb1mom is offline

Default remove untitled and page

When printing from note pad it prints untitled and page #. Where do I turn
off this text? Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In NotePad, choose File | Page Setup. Clear the codes in the header
and footer boxes.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"eb1mom" wrote in message
When printing from note pad it prints untitled and page #. Where do
I turn off this text? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
eb1mom eb1mom is offline

Unfortunately there is nothing in those fields to clear. I put a couple
astericks in both fields and it printed astericks, I deleted them and it once
again printed untitled and page #.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

That is strange. I see "&f" in the header box and "Page &p" in the
footer box. This could be a version issue, I guess (I'm currently
using Windows 2000). For a more knowledgeable answer, ask in a Windows
newsgroup.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"eb1mom" wrote in message
Unfortunately there is nothing in those fields to clear. I put a

couple
astericks in both fields and it printed astericks, I deleted them

and it once
again printed untitled and page #.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Another possibility: Have you tried entering a space in each of the
boxes?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"eb1mom" wrote in message
Unfortunately there is nothing in those fields to clear. I put a

couple
astericks in both fields and it printed astericks, I deleted them

and it once
again printed untitled and page #.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
eb1mom eb1mom is offline

Thank-You space works, it may well be a version issue, I rarely print from
note pad and was just making some cover sheets with larger text than what
word will allow. They look great now.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome.

I'm not sure what your reference to text size means, though? Word
allows any point size between 1 and 1638 (in 0.5 pt increments): just
type the desired value in the Font box (on the Formatting toolbar or
in the Font dialog box).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP