Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Terri

Default Mail Merge Find Button

In a mailmerge document why is it that I am not able to find a particular
item when using the find button in the mail merge tool bar but can find it
when using in the data form find toolbar? Anyone know the difference? I am
using Microsoft XP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?VGVycmk=?=,

In a mailmerge document why is it that I am not able to find a particular
item when using the find button in the mail merge tool bar but can find it
when using in the data form find toolbar? Anyone know the difference? I am
using Microsoft XP

"Microsoft XP" isn't something that exists. There's Windows XP, and there's
Word 2002 (which is part of Office XP), as well as many other versions of
Office. I'll assume you mean Word 2002.

If you hold down the CTRL key when starting Word (Safe mode), then test this
in a mail merge document, does the "Find" button work as you'd expect?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Terri

Cindy:

Thanks for your post. I am currently using Microsft Windows XP
(Professional) Version 2002 Service Pack 2, with Word 2003. I attempted to
use your suggestion but unfortunately that did not work. Any other
suggestions?

Hi ?B?VGVycmk=?=,