Julian Turner

Default Is there a way to "join" tables in Word 2003?

I have found that this does not work in Word XP (so I assume 2003).

After Word 97 or 2000, tables now seem to be treated as separate floating
objects, and so do not form part of the normal document flow as they did in
Word 97. This means that removing paragraphs does not work, and it feels
like a retrograde development. Is there any way of adjusting Word XP/2003 to
stop tables being treaded like floating elements, and go back to the more
intuitive Word 97 approach.

Also, converting tables from XP to 97 is a disaster, as they are all
inserted in Frames.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In general, removing any empty paragraphs between the tables should suffice.
Make sure the tables are not wrapped (wrapping is set to None).

"Loretta" wrote in message
I have a form that I used OCR on first...now I need to make a few seperate
small tables (same size) ONE table...does anyone know if that possible?

Tables should not be wrapped (and therefore should not be converted to
framed tables in Word 97) unless the user has so specified. But (a) it's all
too easy to nudge a table the least bit (using the table handle) in Print
Layout view, thereby making it wrapped (working in Normal view is therefore
safer), and (b) tables imported from the Web are an entirely different
animal.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

In general, removing any empty paragraphs between the tables should

suffice.
Make sure the tables are not wrapped (wrapping is set to None).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Loretta" wrote in message
I have a form that I used OCR on first...now I need to make a few

seperate
small tables (same size) ONE table...does anyone know if that

possible?

Klaus Linke

Hi Loretta,

OCR programs create weird documents, too.
Wouldn't surprise me at all if they create floating tables.

You should be able to turn them into "inline" tables with the macro below.
They will likely move around though, so you may need to do a bit of editing
to make the document look nice again.

Dim myTable As Table
For Each myTable In ActiveDocument.Tables
myTable.Rows.WrapAroundText = False
Next myTable

(See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/CreateAMacro.htm for help on
macros)

Regards,
Klaus

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Tables should not be wrapped (and therefore should not be
converted to framed tables in Word 97) unless the user has so
specified. But (a) it's all too easy to nudge a table the least bit
(using the table handle) in Print Layout view, thereby making
it wrapped (working in Normal view is therefore safer), and
(b) tables imported from the Web are an entirely different
animal.

Kind writer/user/programmer

.....means the document text wraps around the table, not that the text in the
cell wraps? Oh boy...I hope they bring the ? back (what's this)...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
Tables should not be wrapped (and therefore should not be
converted to framed tables in Word 97) unless the user has so
specified. But (a) it's all too easy to nudge a table the least bit
(using the table handle) in Print Layout view, thereby making
it wrapped (working in Normal view is therefore safer), and
(b) tables imported from the Web are an entirely different
animal.

In typing dates in Word, i.e. "January 12" how do you keep the "1. Carol Microsoft Word Help 2 January 12th 05 09:09 PM
word xp crashes after macros are recorded kharris0405 Microsoft Word Help 3 January 11th 05 11:50 PM
WP Delay Code - Word Equiv Mike G - Milw, WI Microsoft Word Help 6 January 10th 05 05:12 PM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 04:01 AM
Merging tables in Word 2003 JoanN Microsoft Word Help 3 December 21st 04 07:35 PM