Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sup37 Sup37 is offline

Default Page Setup Paper Source only tray option no letterhead, preprinte.

When I go in to a Word document and choose File, Page Setup, Paper Source I
only get Tray options. Before ugrading my server I used to have media types
listed like preprinted and letterhead. Where do I go to get these options
back?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sup37 Sup37 is offline

Default Page Setup Paper Source only tray option no letterhead, prepri

I went to the HP site and downloaded the latest PCL 5e driver for Windows
Server 2003. I updated the driver on the server. I deleted that printer
from my list of faxes and printers on my PC. I reinstalled the printer. It
still doesn't give me the options of Preprinted, letterhead, etc from the
Page setup box on a particular document.

"Sup37" wrote in message
When I go in to a Word document and choose File, Page Setup, Paper Source

only get Tray options. Before ugrading my server I used to have media

types
listed like preprinted and letterhead. Where do I go to get these options
back?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You have to define the forms in the printer Properties yourself. The printer
driver has no way of knowing what kind of paper you plan to put in each
tray.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

These come from the printer driver. Unless you have "forms" specified

for
specific trays, you won't see this information.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Sup37" wrote in message
When I go in to a Word document and choose File, Page Setup, Paper

Source
only get Tray options. Before ugrading my server I used to have media

types
listed like preprinted and letterhead. Where do I go to get these

options
back?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sup37 Sup37 is offline

Maybe I am not being clear.

I have updated the printer driver. On the printer I have associated
Letterhead with Tray 3 and Preprinted with Tray 2.

When I open a document in Word 2003, I click on the file menu, then the Page
Setup option, click on the Paper tab and then try to set the Paper Source.
It used to be I would be able to pick Letterhead or Preprinted on either the
First Page or Other page. Now I only have the Tray1, Tray2 or Tray3 options.

I can when printing the document go into the Printer Properties and pick
Preprinted or Letterhead but that becomes the default for the next document
which might require a different form and then must be reset again. As it
was, I just needed to associate a Word Document with a type of media and
wherever I pointed the trays on the printer it would follow.

I would like to get the option back for each particular document.

Thank you.

"Sup37" wrote in message
When I go in to a Word document and choose File, Page Setup, Paper Source

only get Tray options. Before ugrading my server I used to have media

types
listed like preprinted and letterhead. Where do I go to get these options
back?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
AMaxwell AMaxwell is offline

I too am having the very same problem. One day it's there the next day it's
gone. It's actually the reason I came to this site. How can a driver just
change without any other intervention? Why would it take away options that
were once there? Why won't it keep the options available? It's not as
simple as a print driver.
--
Anne Maxwell
Workman Nydegger

"Sup37" wrote in message
When I go in to a Word document and choose File, Page Setup, Paper Source

only get Tray options. Before ugrading my server I used to have media

types
listed like preprinted and letterhead. Where do I go to get these options
back?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sup37 Sup37 is offline

I have been dogging this question for two days. HP tech couldn't help, but
just got off the phone with a Microsoft tech who did.

Here is the solution that worked for me. Some of the steps sound redundant
but do them in order anyway.

First, go to Start, Printers and Faxes. Right click on your printer and
choose Printing Preferences. Click on the Paper/Quality tab. Check that
Source is Automatically Select and Type is anything. I left it at Bond.
Click on OK. It will hourglass for a while. When it finishes you will be
back at the Printer and Faxes window, just close it out.

Next open your document. Click on File, Print. Be sure your printer is
displayed. Click on the Properties button Click on the Paper/Quality tab.
Once again be sure that Source is Automatically Select and Type is anything.
Again I left it at Bond. Click on OK.

Paper Source listings and past the tray stuff, you should find your Bond,
Preprinted, Letterhead all nicely listed.

Hope this works for you.

"Sup37" wrote:

When I go in to a Word document and choose File, Page Setup, Paper Source I
only get Tray options. Before ugrading my server I used to have media types
listed like preprinted and letterhead. Where do I go to get these options
back?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sup37 Sup37 is offline

Anne,

I just sent a solution that worked for me and posted it to this thread.

"Sup37" wrote in message
When I go in to a Word document and choose File, Page Setup, Paper Source
only get Tray options. Before ugrading my server I used to have media
types
listed like preprinted and letterhead. Where do I go to get these options
back?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sure that will be helpful to other users.

"Sup37" wrote:

When I go in to a Word document and choose File, Page Setup, Paper

Source I
only get Tray options. Before ugrading my server I used to have media

types
listed like preprinted and letterhead. Where do I go to get these

options
back?

Page number restart Laura79 Microsoft Word Help 4 June 21st 06 05:53 AM
In WORD its more logical to have PAPER as First Tab in Page Setup Asoka Walpitagama - Brandix College IT Page Layout 2 May 5th 06 03:14 PM
page setup SP Page Layout 6 November 14th 05 08:08 PM
How do I print 1st page letterhead 2nd plain in Word mail merge Todd Mailmerge 1 December 23rd 04 01:39 AM
FIrst page footers Noel S Pamfree Microsoft Word Help 7 December 6th 04 09:49 PM