Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JERRY[_2_] JERRY[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2007 and earlier versions

This has to do with my efforts to convert from WP to Word 2007. I am having
almost as much frustration with compatibility between MSW 2007 documents and
procedures compared to earlier versions of MSW (which most of my associates
have) as I was with MSW & WP. If that makes any sense.

Am tempted to put an earlier version of Word on my system. Will the two
versions of Word co-exist on the same computer?

Thanks for any help
Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"JERRY" JERRY@HOME wrote in message
This has to do with my efforts to convert from WP to Word 2007. I am
having almost as much frustration with compatibility between MSW 2007
documents and procedures compared to earlier versions of MSW (which most
of my associates have) as I was with MSW & WP. If that makes any sense.

Am tempted to put an earlier version of Word on my system. Will the two
versions of Word co-exist on the same computer?

Thanks for any help
Jerry

Yes you can - however, by far the easiest way is to set the default "save"
function of Word 2007 to Word 97-2003 type documents...
Office Button-Word Options-Save and change the format in the dropdown
box....

HTH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tom Ferguson[_3_] Tom Ferguson[_3_] is offline

What Gordon said. :-))

A couple of notes, If I may.

An alternative might be for your colleagues to install the file format
compatibility package for earlier Word versions. That would require some
discussion and agreement.

If you decide to install more parts of Office than just Word, be aware
that only one version of Outlook can be used. Be sure to do a custom
install and _not
_ install Outlook from the earlier Office version.

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

"JERRY" JERRY@HOME wrote in message
This has to do with my efforts to convert from WP to Word 2007. I am
having almost as much frustration with compatibility between MSW 2007
documents and procedures compared to earlier versions of MSW (which
most of my associates have) as I was with MSW & WP. If that makes any
sense.

Am tempted to put an earlier version of Word on my system. Will the two
versions of Word co-exist on the same computer?

Thanks for any help
Jerry

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline