ubua

Default header and footer on first page only

Hi,
All I want is a header and footer on the first page.
I don't want to use sections, if possible.

When I click on "different first page" my header and footer on the first
page disappears. It doesn't matter if I do this on the second page or if I do
this at the end of the first page.
Thanks for helping out.

Uta

If you have more than one page and check "Different first page," then any
header/footer you have already created becomes the primary Header/Footer for
page 2 and beyond. The First Page Header/Footer is empty and ready to be
used. If you have only a single page, the Header/Footer you created will
appear to have disappeared (replaced by the First Page Header/Footer), but
Word will still remember it and use it when you add a second page.

"ubua" wrote in message
Hi,
All I want is a header and footer on the first page.
I don't want to use sections, if possible.

When I click on "different first page" my header and footer on the first
page disappears. It doesn't matter if I do this on the second page or if I

do
this at the end of the first page.
Thanks for helping out.

Uta

ubua

Dear Suzanne,

this is exactly what I experienced.
But how do I get a header and footer on the first page but not on all the
following pages? Thanks for your help.
Uta

"ubua" wrote in message
Hi,
All I want is a header and footer on the first page.
I don't want to use sections, if possible.

When I click on "different first page" my header and footer on the first
page disappears. It doesn't matter if I do this on the second page or if I

do
this at the end of the first page.
Thanks for helping out.

Uta

The text you type into the First Page Header/Footer will appear only on the
first page. For more, see
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/HeaderFooter.htm or
http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/Letterhead.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you have more than one page and check "Different first page," then

any
header/footer you have already created becomes the primary Header/Footer

for
page 2 and beyond. The First Page Header/Footer is empty and ready to be
used. If you have only a single page, the Header/Footer you created will
appear to have disappeared (replaced by the First Page Header/Footer),

but
Word will still remember it and use it when you add a second page.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.