Default Form Field Errors

I know that when you get no replies to a post, it's usually because you are
posting to the wrong Forum, so, my question is, whch is the best Forum to
use for questions about the use of Word's Forms? In case someone knows the
answer to my Forms question, I'll list it here also.
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I am inserting a numeric form field into a Word 6 document. The field is
formatted as numeric, 10 characters, number format "0". Then I protect the
form and store it as a template. However, any time I produce a document
based on the template, it allows me to place up to 10 text or numeric
characters into the field. What am I doing wrong. Any help would be
appreciated.