Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JustinM

Default Formatting & Editing in Unprotected Sections

I have read practically all the posts & solutions about 'Protecting Sections'
and 'Formatting' in Word but I can't seem to find the correct solution.
Hopefully you can help.

I have protected sections in a template (i.e. just the header and footer for
instance to limit usage of Corporate logos). The unprotected sections have
some formatting functions disabled (i.e. bullets, merging tables, paintbrush,
font selection and sizing, columns, tabs, paragraph spacing, etc.). Is there
any way that you can have a protected section (i.e. just the header), but
have the rest of the document/template open for any and all formatting (i.e.
like the functions listed above)? I find as soon as I invoke protection
(i.e. both with and without a password), certain formatting options become
disabled which is frustrating.

Most of the solutions provided advise on how to protect sections of the
document but there is nothing that will provide for all the formatting
functions that one is accustomed to in an unprotected document.
--
JustinM