Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
ncma08 ncma08 is offline

Default Mail Merge - Word could not ifinish inserting database

I am trying to complete a mail merge and I keep receiving the following
message: "Word could not finish merging these documents or inserting this
database."

My datasource is a csv file (.txt) with 2900 names but yet the system only
merges 60 records and then the above message appears. I have tried to rebuild
the letter and I get the same error.

I have never received this message before and am not sure what to do.

Any suggestions?
Thanks, in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Is there something different about the 61st record?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"ncma08" wrote in message
I am trying to complete a mail merge and I keep receiving the following
message: "Word could not finish merging these documents or inserting this
database."

My datasource is a csv file (.txt) with 2900 names but yet the system only
merges 60 records and then the above message appears. I have tried to
rebuild
the letter and I get the same error.

I have never received this message before and am not sure what to do.

Any suggestions?
Thanks, in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Which version of Word is this, and do you also have a DATABASE field in your
mail merge main document?

I have never received this message before

Nor have I...
--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"ncma08" wrote in message
I am trying to complete a mail merge and I keep receiving the following
message: "Word could not finish merging these documents or inserting this
database."

My datasource is a csv file (.txt) with 2900 names but yet the system only
merges 60 records and then the above message appears. I have tried to
rebuild
the letter and I get the same error.

I have never received this message before and am not sure what to do.

Any suggestions?
Thanks, in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
sait sait is offline

I got the exact same problem. Word stops merging when ther are more than 60
records. There must be a bug in Word. I can't find any solution to this
problem.

"ncma08" wrote:

I am trying to complete a mail merge and I keep receiving the following
message: "Word could not finish merging these documents or inserting this
database."

My datasource is a csv file (.txt) with 2900 names but yet the system only
merges 60 records and then the above message appears. I have tried to rebuild
the letter and I get the same error.

I have never received this message before and am not sure what to do.

Any suggestions?
Thanks, in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
sait sait is offline

I found a double quotation mark in record nr 61. This may be the problem. Se
article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/188569
These problems are most likely caused by mismatched double quotation marks
in a mail merge data source document.
I will check this out with my customer who reported the problem. Hope this
helps.

"ncma08" wrote:

I am trying to complete a mail merge and I keep receiving the following
message: "Word could not finish merging these documents or inserting this
database."

My datasource is a csv file (.txt) with 2900 names but yet the system only
merges 60 records and then the above message appears. I have tried to rebuild
the letter and I get the same error.

I have never received this message before and am not sure what to do.

Any suggestions?
Thanks, in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
sait sait is offline

Removed a double quotation mark in the datasource, and that solved the
problem. Hope this helps