Pam

Default Why don't my headings in a 3-web-page word document display as li.

I created a web document with the web wizard containing three pages. I have
a TOC frame. But only the first document contains linked headings as I want.
I want them all to be displayed as linked headings. I tried using the RD
field to do this.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UGFt?=,

I created a web document with the web wizard containing three pages. I have
a TOC frame. But only the first document contains linked headings as I want.
I want them all to be displayed as linked headings. I tried using the RD
field to do this.

I suggest you post to the word.web.authoring newsgroup, where you're more likely
to encounter people who use Word to create web pages. Since Word is a really
lousy web page editor, most people / regulars in this group don't use it for
that purpose and therefore know little about what's available.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

From what I've heard, there's virtually no on-topic traffic in the
word.web.authoring NG, either.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote in message
Hi ?B?UGFt?=,

I created a web document with the web wizard containing three pages. I

have
a TOC frame. But only the first document contains linked headings as I

want.
I want them all to be displayed as linked headings. I tried using the

RD
field to do this.

I suggest you post to the word.web.authoring newsgroup, where you're more

likely
to encounter people who use Word to create web pages. Since Word is a

really
lousy web page editor, most people / regulars in this group don't use it

for
that purpose and therefore know little about what's available.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

lostinspace

[...]

"From what I've heard, there's virtually no on-topic traffic in the
word.web.authoring NG, either."

You are correct Suzanne!

The bottom line is that the good folks at MS offer an option of converting
web pages from within Word to users of which MS is incapable of providing
support to because Word is not an effective tool for creating html pages.

Microsoft instead has a reliable product names MS Front Page whose name has
been damaged in the market because the MS designers have allowed copy and
pasting from other MS products (Word) to retain those products
characteristics when pasting into MS Front Page.

Word users "expect" instant and reliable creation of web pages without the
simplest understanding of either basic html or anything related to website
structure. (Even the lack of effort and understanding for simple path
statements [relative or absolute]).

As a result the NG word.web.authoring should be removed immediately (it has
no functioning participation group, only people popping in for solitary
visits) and MS should also remove the html option from Word.