Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Nick_F Nick_F is offline

Default increment invoice number within mail merge

I use an autonew macro at present to find a text file, collect a number,
launch a new bill document from a template and print the "next" bill number
on the bill - the number in the text file then increments by one.
I am experimenting with generating a mail-merge fillable bill template and
want to be able to pick up a new number for each bill in a bill run so each
printed copy gets a unique number. My other users will, however, need to be
able to go on accessing the autonew macro in the non-mergeable template to
deal with individual bills. I may also make mistakes in running the mail
merge and want to be able to have an option to reset the starting number back
to whatever it began at if I abandon the mail merge. Any (really simple as I
am a techno-clot) solutions spring to mind?