Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
D D is offline

Default database

i cant get the insert database to insert data on the same page but from
different cells a1,a2,a3,b1,b2 it either wants me to have a seperate
worksheet for each field or includes all the data but wont let me edit which
rows i want
i work at a data services and we have to keep track of boxes the ones that
are okd to shred i send a different list to be shred so instead of making
document from scratch i want to use a template and merge data from excell
spread sheet but always different data from the same excell master spread
sheet help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

d wrote:
i cant get the insert database to insert data on the same page but from
different cells a1,a2,a3,b1,b2 it either wants me to have a seperate
worksheet for each field or includes all the data but wont let me edit which
rows i want
i work at a data services and we have to keep track of boxes the ones that
are okd to shred i send a different list to be shred so instead of making
document from scratch i want to use a template and merge data from excell
spread sheet but always different data from the same excell master spread
sheet help

sounds more like an application for MAILMERGE than DATABASE fields.
Though I must admit I have to guess a lot from your problem description ...

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports

Informix database kabfln Microsoft Word Help 1 April 13th 08 02:13 PM
How do I set up a database in Word? mlc0124 Microsoft Word Help 4 January 17th 07 08:00 AM
Using Insert Database Janie Tables 1 October 17th 06 11:52 AM
From Database to Word Tor Inge Rislaa Microsoft Word Help 1 December 22nd 05 11:12 AM
database saved as a document, somehow, must convert to database Tasha Mailmerge 5 August 1st 05 08:01 PM