Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
b udman b udman is offline

Default unable to open new file from a cd

I copied a cd from a floppy and the file shows on word & my docs, but i
can't open it I get error messg-recover text,open & repair,, file permission
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Copy the file to your hard drive. Remove the read only attribute in Windows
Explorer then open the file in Word. If the document was saved directkly to
floppy chances are it is corrupt anyway. Never ever read from, write to, or
print from floppy with Word. These are the most certain methods of ensuring
document corruption.

Copy to the hard disc and work on the document from there.

This is equally relevant to other removable media such as CDRW.

b udman wrote:
I copied a cd from a floppy and the file shows on word & my docs,
but i can't open it I get error messg-recover text,open & repair,,
file permission

Word 7 Beta - I get unable to find file each time I try to open a Richard C Microsoft Word Help 1 September 23rd 06 03:31 PM
unable to open saved file kris Microsoft Word Help 2 September 23rd 06 05:50 AM
I have a protected file that i am unable to open using word 2003 Sonicbob Microsoft Word Help 0 March 3rd 06 10:02 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Unable to open word file Mubeen Microsoft Word Help 1 February 10th 05 11:30 AM