Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric Sender Eric Sender is offline

Default In Word 2007, how do I lock the header and footer?

I know a similar thread was written for this, but it specified Word
2000.

I am looking for a way to lock the header and footer in a template so
no one can edit it, remove it, or anything.

Thanks
Eric
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
$hri...![_2_] $hri...![_2_] is offline

The best way to do this is to make sure that you check Different First
Page in the Headers and Footers design tab. Then what I found I had to do
was to set up a document with two pages, to make sure the second (and
subsequent) pages truly are different. You can then save it as a template
for future use. Hope this helps

"Eric Sender" wrote:

I know a similar thread was written for this, but it specified Word
2000.

I am looking for a way to lock the header and footer in a template so
no one can edit it, remove it, or anything.

Thanks
Eric

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sat, 4 Oct 2008 14:49:18 -0700 (PDT), Eric Sender
wrote:

I know a similar thread was written for this, but it specified Word
2000.

I am looking for a way to lock the header and footer in a template so
no one can edit it, remove it, or anything.

Thanks
Eric

If you're referring to the code in the article
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...PlusHeader.htm then
it will work in Word 2007.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

However like all macro based solutions it will only work if the users allow
the macro to run. Ultimately there is no way to stop a user from editing a
document that you allow them to open.