Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hashmi hashmi is offline

Default urgent

how i can unlock my word decument
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
$hri...![_2_] $hri...![_2_] is offline

This command is not available because the document is locked for
editing

If you see the following message when you try to modify a document in
Word 2003 or Word 2002: "This command is not available because the
document is locked for editing," your Word program might not be
activated. To check, do the following:

On the Help menu, click Activate Product.
If Word is activated, a message tells you that the product was already
activated. If Word is not activated, the Office Activation Wizard
appears to guide you through the activation process.
Note You can open a Word document even if the program is not
activated, but you cannot use many commands and you cannot save the
document.

2. The document is locked for editing by another user

If you see the following message when you try to modify a document in
Word 2000 or Word 2002: "The document is locked for editing by another
user," Word previously might have shut down improperly while the file
was still open.

The document also might be locked for editing if the original version
of the document is already open, or if the document is shared over a
network and another user opened it. This applies to Word 2000, 2002,
and 2003.

Note If the Group similar taskbar buttons option is selected, the
original version of the document might be open without your realizing
it. Click the Word button on the Windows taskbar to see the names of
all the Word documents that are open.

3. Your document is protected by a password

If the document owner protected the document with a password
(including a blank password), you might be restricted to read-only
access unless you enter the correct password. If you forget or lose a
password, you cannot edit the document.
This modification is not allowed because the document is locked

If you see this message at the bottom of the application window when
you try to modify a document: "This modification is not allowed
because the document is locked," the document is protected with an
editing restriction of No changes (Read only) or Comments in Word 2003
(or a restriction of Comments in Word 2002 and Word 2000). The
document author used the Protect Document features to restrict
editing. Menu commands also might be unavailable, depending on the
permissions that were granted to you by the document author.

Note When you open a document that is protected by Information Rights
Management (IRM) in Word 2003, you might have permission to view the
document but not to change it. When you open the document, the Shared
Workspace task pane opens by default on the right side of the
application window. In the task pane, click View My Permissions to see
your permissions

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Antoinette[_2_] Antoinette[_2_] is offline

I just downloaded my microsoft office and I just opened a new file. I am
unable to type anything ar change anything. I try to type and it tells me
that "This modification is not allowed because the selection is locked." How
do I fix this, My husband and I require this in order to do our school work.
If you could help please let me know. Thank you!!

Urgent Help Topsy Microsoft Word Help 3 April 2nd 08 03:06 PM
URGENT URGENT - Textbox seems linked to drawing object. RBear3 Tables 4 August 1st 07 01:32 PM
URGENT URGENT - Textbox seems linked to drawing object. RBear3 Page Layout 4 August 1st 07 01:32 PM
Urgent! Mona R. Microsoft Word Help 1 May 28th 06 03:36 PM
Student in need of urgent help Zarquen Microsoft Word Help 1 October 31st 05 10:00 PM