Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Borek Bernard

Default Image interferes with footer

Hello,

I want a floating picture to move along with a paragraph so in "Advanced
Layout" dialog, I specify "Vertical position" as "Absolute: 1 cm below
Paragraph". That's fine until the paragraph is in the middle of the page but
when I add some text before it, the picture moves towards the bottom of the
page and finally overlays the footer (or bottom margin if there is no footer).

Desired behavior: the image gets closer the the bottom of the page and when
the bottom side of the image touches bottom side of the page (or bottom
margin to be precise), image jumps to the next page. So I would expect some
"never overlay page margin" checkbox in the Advanced Layout dialog but I
found none.

Is there any way to solve my issue? You can surely imagine how unpleasant it
is if I have tons of pages with many images, add a paragraph to the page 1
and I have to manually check if I was lucky or the rest of the document is
damaged.

Thank you,
Borek
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

With your current setting, you're going to get what you get. You might
instead try defining its position as "Bottom relative to margin." This will
put it at the bottom of whatever page the paragraph it's anchored to is on.

"Borek Bernard" belist () centrum.cz wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Borek Bernard

Hello Suzanne,

thanks for your answer but if this is the best solution available, Word
obviously doesn't support my scenario very well. I would like to have the
floating image as near as possible to the corresponding paragraph but this
seems to be impossible when I want to avoid image and footer overlaping.

Borek