Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Theresa Pistochini Theresa Pistochini is offline

Default Doug Robbins Merge with Attachments

I am trying to run Doug Robbins Merge with Attachments macro:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

It seems to work fine. My problem is: How do I add text and customize the
greeting line? I can do a regular merge and put in the text and greeting
line but no attachments. I can do the mail merge with attachments, but I
don't have the text from my message. How do I get both?

Thanks,
Theresa Pistochini
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Theresa Pistochini Theresa Pistochini is offline

Okay I've made some more progess. I read the long exchange between "mmiller"
and Robbins. The problem is I am now only able to get the text in the first
e-mail. I merge to a new document, see all the e-mails with all the text,
and then run the macro with that document active. Still no luck. What am I
missing?

"Theresa Pistochini" wrote:

I am trying to run Doug Robbins Merge with Attachments macro:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

It seems to work fine. My problem is: How do I add text and customize the
greeting line? I can do a regular merge and put in the text and greeting
line but no attachments. I can do the mail merge with attachments, but I
don't have the text from my message. How do I get both?

Thanks,
Theresa Pistochini

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Theresa Pistochini Theresa Pistochini is offline

Okay I solved my own problem, only took an hour or two and thinking it over
during lunch. The issue was the my Catalog file contained a header row
(which obviously wouldn't work - duh). So I was only testing it with two
e-mail address and the first letter got matched with the header row and the
second got matched with the first e-mail. So the second person (the third
row) on the list didn't get a letter.

Anyway, I removed the header row and all is good.

"Theresa Pistochini" wrote:

I am trying to run Doug Robbins Merge with Attachments macro:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

It seems to work fine. My problem is: How do I add text and customize the
greeting line? I can do a regular merge and put in the text and greeting
line but no attachments. I can do the mail merge with attachments, but I
don't have the text from my message. How do I get both?

Thanks,
Theresa Pistochini

ATTN: Doug Robbins Mail Merge with Attachments Brandon La Sage - VBA Programmer Microsoft Word Help 2 January 16th 07 08:31 PM
Thank you, Doug Robbins rms Microsoft Word Help 2 January 7th 07 04:57 AM
For Doug Robbins - question about your response Sue Mailmerge 0 April 12th 06 03:21 PM
Doug Robbins DannyJ Mailmerge 0 July 15th 05 10:49 PM
1200 doc word count doug robbins Donald C. McNeilly Formatting Long Documents 2 January 15th 05 09:32 PM