jlwh

Default How do I change my system?

I have microsoft works, but for school, I need microsoft word. When I went
online to try to download a trial version (for until I can buy it), it keeps
telling me that I cannot run the program because "the expected system was not
found on your computer."

Is there something I can do for a temporary fix?

Please help!!
Charles Kenyon

It is probably looking for a later version of Windows than you have (or you
are running on a Mac). I think the latest version of Word requires Windows
2000, at least. (May require XP.) I know it won't run on Windows 98. Also,
the trial version will expire after a fairly short time (before the end of
next semester). You can get a full version of Word 2002 as a part of the
Microsoft Office Works Suite. Also Office for Students and Teachers is
fairly inexpensive. However, these will also require the updated operating
system.

You may want to look into Open Office (google for it) which can be
downloaded for free and will save / edit documents in Word format (although
it is _not_ Word and doesn't have the same features).
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"jlwh" wrote in message
I have microsoft works, but for school, I need microsoft word. When I went
online to try to download a trial version (for until I can buy it), it
keeps
telling me that I cannot run the program because "the expected system was
not
found on your computer."

Is there something I can do for a temporary fix?

Please help!!

Beth Melton

You need to have Windows 2000 SP-2 or Windows XP in order to use
Office 2003.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word