Ctrl-PgDn Problem after Ctrl-F (Search)

Old July 6th 09, 03:34 AM
Wordleast Wordleast is offline

Default Ctrl-PgDn Problem after Ctrl-F (Search)

After performing a Search in Microsoft Office Word 2007 by
pressing Ctrl-F (Find and Replace, Find Next), pressing
Ctrl-PgDn which should advance the cursor to the beginning of
the next page instead brings up an Information Box with either
search item was not found." or this message: "Word has
reached the end of the document. Do you want to continue
searching at the beginning?" The only way to resolve this
problem seems to be to exit Word and then re-enter it. In other words, once Ctrl-F is pressed, Ctrl-PgDn no longer advances the cursor to the top of the next page the way it usually does (and always did before Ctrl-F was pressed). This has been driving me crazy for a long time - any suggestions?
Old July 6th 09, 08:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

This is normal behaviour and reflects the latest selected search mode ie by
Find rather than by Page. At the bottom of the right scroll bar, you will
see a double 'up arrow' and 'down arrow', between them a button. Click the
button to change the search mode.

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old July 6th 09, 01:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

As Graham says, the action of Ctrl+PageDn/PageUp in recent versions of Word
is Browse Next/Browse Previous, the same as using the arrows at the bottom
of the vertical scroll bar. What action is performed will depend on what
"browse object" is selected. Using Find changes the browse object to Find,
as indicated by the color of the arrows (they are blue when anything other
than Page is selected as the browse object). Click on the Select Browse
Object button between the arrows to change back to Browse by Page.

http://word.mvps.org

Old January 30th 19, 08:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

"Wordleast" wrote in message

After performing a Search in Microsoft Office Word 2007 by
pressing Ctrl-F (Find and Replace, Find Next), pressing
Ctrl-PgDn which should advance the cursor to the beginning of
the next page instead brings up an Information Box with either
search item was not found." or this message: "Word has
reached the end of the document. Do you want to continue
searching at the beginning?" The only way to resolve this
problem seems to be to exit Word and then re-enter it. In other words,
once Ctrl-F is pressed, Ctrl-PgDn no longer advances the cursor to the
top of the next page the way it usually does (and always did before
Ctrl-F was pressed). This has been driving me crazy for a long time -
any suggestions?

--
Wordleast

I am having the same issue with Office 365, but I do not see the arrows mentioned in responses. In the "Tell me what you want to do" filed I have searched for "browse object" and did not get a match. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

CJ
Old February 25th 19, 11:04 AM
Haake Haake is offline

Originally Posted by View Post

"Wordleast" wrote in message

[...]

I don't see the arrows either. Also using Office 365. What could be the issue with that?