Hidden pages in document

Old June 7th 06, 07:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Hidden pages in document

Some of my documents contain hidden pages that are not seen until I print the
document. When printed, the page is blank but the pages before and after
this blank page are numbered as if the blank page were part of the document.
How can I get rid of the blank page?--
Iris
Old June 7th 06, 11:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Blank pages are inserted in printout if you have section breaks of the 'Next
odd/even page' variety and the page preceding the break happens to be
odd/even. Replace those section breaks with plain ones.

Old June 8th 06, 04:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You have inserted Odd Page (or, less probably, Even Page) section breaks
instead of Next Page, or Word has converted Next Page breaks to Odd Page
because you have changed orientation from Portrait to Landscape or vice
versa. With the insertion point in the section that begins after a blank
page, go to the Layout tab of Page Setup and change the section start type
to "New page."

Old January 3rd 19, 06:09 AM
[email protected] cshahidk@gmail.com is offline

Originally Posted by Iris View Post
Some of my documents contain hidden pages that are not seen until I print the
document. When printed, the page is blank but the pages before and after
this blank page are numbered as if the blank page were part of the document.
How can I get rid of the blank page?--
Iris
I was facing same problem and finally I figured it out. Suppose page 1, 2, is appearing correctly. When you go at page 3 then it appears page 4. So to solve this issue, go inside the footer of page 2 and then Design tab will appear. Go to page number in Header & Footer section and click on Format page numbers. Then change the number to start from 1 then click ok. For me problem is solved.